We're always looking for great people
We’re always looking for smart, down-to-earth and friendly professionals who are focused on providing an exceptional customer experience. Excellent communication skills and a talent for explaining technical issues in simple language are essential. Our culture is built around our customer-centric approach, teamwork and a heavy dose of not taking ourselves too seriously.
North Vancouver HQ
We enjoy a relaxed office environment in beautiful North Vancouver. We are close to the mountains and the ocean, with the heart of the city at our fingertips. Our office is dog-friendly and is conveniently located next to the river, a great place to walk, swim and enjoy the beautiful nature in our neighbourhood.
We believe that quality time outside the office is vital to our employees’ satisfaction at work. We support our team in working from home or remotely when needed. We want everyone to be healthy, travel often, get time to give back, and have the financial resources and support they need.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a solid work–life balance to keep your mind healthy — and medical, dental, and vision coverage for the rest.
One benefit of having amazing coworkers is enjoying each other’s company, and we make up some good excuses to have fun together.
We don’t stick to one type of client. We work with a wide variety of companies & technology, including the creative and film industries.
Gauthier Business Technologies has an opportunity for a Senior IT Support Specialist. We offer a great culture, excellent teamwork and collaboration, opportunities for growth, and competitive compensation. If you possess a passion for providing world-class customer service, strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills, and solid technical aptitude, we would like you to join our team.
Based out of our bright, open, dog-friendly office, you’ll get to solve our clients’ IT challenges through phone and email. You’ll work directly with an experienced team and have great opportunities for growth and professional development.
You’re excited to wear multiple hats and go above and beyond for customers. You have flexibility in your schedule from time to time and the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision (we believe in autonomy, mastery, and purpose!). For now, you’ll provide remote support and will grow over time into an on-site role.
- Investigate technical issues using your experience, documentation, and critical thinking skills to identify the cause and apply resolutions.
- Resolving Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support issues via phone, email, remote login and/or on-site as necessary
- Training and support for other technical staff
- Following documented procedures and processes when available, develop and document new processes when not available
- Communicate effectively with clients on the status of tickets and resolutions
- Promptly and thoroughly document all work via our ticketing system and documentation portal
- Maintain a high Client Satisfaction Score
- Participate in regular huddles with the Service Team
- At least 3 years of relevant IT experience
- At least 3 years of customer service experience
- Industry IT Certifications (Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco)
- Technical expertise with technologies such as Azure, AWS, Cisco Networking, Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Microsoft Office Applications, iOS, Android, and networking technologies.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where constant multitasking is the norm.
- Must be process-driven with high attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an aptitude for finding creative alternative solutions.
- A confident phone presence and exceptional customer service skills are a must.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical solutions to clients and to co-workers.
- Good judgment, technical common sense, and solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to learn, grow and develop new skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to remain calm, happy, friendly, and helpful during stressful situations.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Strive for 2 certifications per year
- Reliable transportation and a minimum class 5 BC Drivers License as you take on more Field support responsibility
- Eligible to work in Canada
- A broadband Internet connection at home as we allow remote work from time to time
- Experience using industry PSA and RMM tools
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package along with learning and development support through certification training and exam compensation. We’re located beside MEC and Park & Tilford in North Vancouver.
If this sounds like your next perfect career opportunity and you’d like to learn more, please APPLY TODAY!